Sunday, September 16, 2007

Roll Tide - A Gene Stallings Story

I got this in an email the other day and thought it was definitely worth posting. Even if you aren't an Alabama Fan, I think you will have a chuckle! Roll Tide!
__________________________________________________
Talking about life recently, former Alabama head football coach Gene Stallings told the following story regarding his love and relationship with his son, John Mark, who has Down's Syndrome.
"John Mark loves Alabama more than anyone alive. When I go to bed at night I hear Eli Gold in my sleep. When I get up in the morning, he usually is watching an Alabama game. Several weeks ago I saw him watching a copy of the 92' National Championship game. My heart swelled with pride knowing I was a part of something he cares so much about. Later that evening, we were skipping rocks on a creek at our ranch when I realized what a special moment this was. How blessed am I to have such a special relationship with my boy. I reached down and scrubbed his head and said 'Son, who is your favorite Alabama coach?' He looked at me with no hesitation and replied 'Nick Sab an'. Roll Tide, John Mark, Roll Tide!"

No comments:

Post a Comment