Friday, December 7, 2007

Accident Prone or Just the Age?

Yesterday was a rough day for Brooklyn! You decide - is it just the age and curiousity getting her into all the situations or is she destined to be accident prone???

First Incident of the Day: I had turned the hot water on in the shower. I saw her trying to get into the shower and was telling her no and moving her away from the shower. However, I turned away for a second and when I turned back around she was in the shower - clothes and purse included! I immediately took her out of the shower and checked her over to be sure she hadn't been burned. She calmed down quite quickly. No problem - crisis averted!
Second Incident of the Day: I was getting ready to get a shower and I heard her start to cry in her room. I started in that direction and she met me and I picked her up and again, she calmed down quickly. I didn't notice any bumps, bruises, cuts, etc. I assumed that she had fallen, Bella had pushed her or she just decided to cry! So I took my shower and gave them each a shower. As I was trying her off and getting her diaper and clothes on - I noticed one blister on each of two of her fingers and their fingertips! All I can figure out is that she touched the electric heater we keep in her room for at night! I put some Calendula ointment on the worst of the two and covered with a band-aid (only to keep the ointment on her finger). Well - she chewed the band-aid off! We are just keeping an eye on them to be sure they don't get worse. They do not appear to be bothering her, as she is still her happy self and is eating well and is using her fingers with no problems.
Third and Final Incident of the Day: We have a Roll and Roar Dinosaur that the girls love! Well, Brooklyn is definitely the monkey in our family as she has been climbing since before she could walk! Well, she was climbing up the dinosaur and she lost her footing and hit the dinosaur with a bang! I saw this happening, but couldn't do anything to stop it! She SCREAMED! She busted her bottom lip and it bled....I gave her a teething ring to use as ice and this seemed to help. She took a little longer to calm down on this one. But she did eventually calm down and ate a good supper and slept until 6 am this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment