Friday, December 14, 2007

A Fun Day...

Today the girls and I didn't do anything exciting -but we had a fun day! Most days I keep up with housework - as far as keeping the dishes washed (our dishwasher isn't connected yet), picking up toys (at least maintaining a clear pathway), laundry, etc...Well, today we did no such things!!! We had our usual Friday lunch with Grannie (Brannon's Grannie) and Olen (Brannon's uncle). Both girls fell asleep on the way home and stayed asleep through me getting them out of the truck and into their beds (SWEET!!!). I proceeded to clean out and vaccuum the inside of my truck - it soooo needed it! Bella woke up shortly after we got home (maybe slept 45 minutes)! She "helped" me finish the truck and then we blew up the "jumpy thing"! That was a feat in itself! I used our little air mattress pump until it gave out and then I finished inflating it with my lungs!! They didn't jump for any long period of time - but would go in and out of it! I have not deflated it, as they can play with it tomorrow and it is under our carport with Brannon's truck in front of it - so it should be ok!

After a bit of just playing in the yard - we decided to go for a walk! Bella loves all the Christmas decorations people have out and we usually just drive by at night, so I thought a walk would be great for her to see everything in the daylight!

So, off we went (notice the jackets on the girls - yes there is finally a bit of a chill in the air - not much, but at least it wasn't 80 degrees today)!


Our first stop was to see the giant Santa Claus and Frosty the Snowman! Bella loves these inflatables - she knows who they are as well. She started saying "hey Frosty" as soon as he was in her sight! As we were walking away, she was saying "bye-bye Santa Claus, I love you so much"! This was the same child who wouldn't go near Santa Claus at breakfast with him last weekend...

Next on our "tour of Huxford" was the Santa Claus and his reindeer display. Bella gets so excited when she sees this as we drive by (we drive by it every time we go somewhere). She did get a little rough with the reindeer pulling on one of the ropes and then hitting the reindeer. Hopefully, Santa will not hold this against her as she did say she was sorry and gave the reindeer a kiss on his (or her) nose! For our next stop we had to cross over the railroad tracks to visit the giant polar bear!

As we continued our tour, Bella spotted a manger scene and kept saying "Mommy, Mary, Joseph" - it took me a second to deciper that she was saying Mary and Joseph - but she definitely was. She went up to see Baby Jesus...

One final decoration for the tour! One resident of Huxford decorated his truck with lights and ran over a Snowman!! Who is it driving this truck and running over snowmen? None other than Santa Claus!!!! Bella gets "upset" every time she sees this. She will say, with her hand over her mouth, "oh no, run over snowman" and I will ask her who ran over the snowman and she even answers "santa claus".

So the dishes are piled high, the toys are scattered everywhere and the laundry is still in the clothes basket waiting to be folded and put away! But I feel quite certain that it will all still be there when I wake up tomorrow and if I don't get to them tomorrow, they'll be there the next day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment