Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Brooklyn ditches baby food!

Well, not completely but we are giving her table food now! She has really showed interest in it, so we've taken that as our cue to start.

We were at Moe's this weekend on our way to the Shrimp Festival and had gotten Bella a plate of rice and ground beef. Well, Bella didn't eat much of it, so we decided to let Brooklyn try it! She really enjoyed it! And ate quite a bit, in addition to her rice cereal and baby food I had already fed her.

The pictures in this post are from Sunday evening when the girls and I were eating spaghetti for supper (Brannon was at work - and I'd made him a chicken pot pie - I've burned him out on spaghetti over the years!). I was feeding her the sauce with a spoon, but she was doing much better with her hands, so I just let her go at it herself!

I am very surprised at what she will eat - given that Bella is just now doing better about eating meat and veggies, while Brooklyn is basically eating anything we give her! Just for the record so far she has eaten: green beans, hamburger meat (taco meat and spaghetti sauce), butter beans, whole kernal corn, egg noodles, rice, Club crackers (these are a favorite of both girls), and I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting!This morning I made French Toast and she ate almost two whole pieces (minus the crust, of course)!! We just keep giving her food until she becomes uninterested in it - I don't know how else to tell if she is full...

No comments:

Post a Comment