Thursday, August 28, 2008

Things I swore I'd never do as a parent....

--
You know the old saying you're a perfect parent until you become one...(well or something like that anyway)! Before I had kids, there were things I swore I'd never do...
--
Before I was a parent:
--
I swore I'd never have a child sleeping in my bed.
--
I swore I'd never lay down with my child just so he/she could fall asleep and then sneak out once they were asleep.
--
I swore I'd never threaten my kid with time out (you know - "do you want to go to timeout? if you keep that up then you'll be in timeout") and then not follow through with it.
--
I swore I wouldn't cook more than one meal a night - if the child is hungry enough, then he/she will eat what is cooked.
--
Now that I am a parent:
--
Bella slept in our bed for almost 6 months before finally returning to her big girl bed. She still occassionally ends up in our bed at night.
--
Bella wants to sleep in her bed but she likes me to lay down with her until she falls asleep and I do so! I can't help it - the snuggle time is priceless.
--
I find myself always asking them "do you want to go to timeout" - but don't always follow through with it.
--
I find myself trying to cook what I know Bella will eat (Brooklyn will eat anything!). For instance, I cooked Santa Fe soup the other night and Bella even helped me cook it and said she was going to try it - but then she insisted she wanted Noodle Soup - so I made her Noodle Soup..
--
I know there are more things that I probably swore never to do - but these are the ones that come to mind right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment