Thursday, October 2, 2008

Boy or Girl??

--
I've added a poll to the left side of the page -With Baby #3's arrival getting closer and closer, I always get more and more curious about whether the baby will be a boy or girl and it is fun to hear what other people think!! Leave comments as to what you think we might be having!
----
Here are some of the theories as to whether we're having a boy or a girl:
--
Bella and Brooklyn: When I ask Bella and Brooklyn if they want a baby boy or baby girl - lately, they have both been very consistent with "baby boy"!
----
Brannon: Brannon has an excellent track record when it comes to predicting the gender of our children - he is currently 2 for 2!!! And he finally gave me his predictions for this baby on Sunday night. Here were Brannon's predictions for the girls:
--
* Bella: he said she would be born 4 days after my due date (8/11/05), she would be a girl and she would arrive in the middle of the afternoon. Here's how it worked out: she was born 4 days before my due date (8/3/05), she was (and still is) a girl, and she was born at 3:06 pm (how much more middle of the day can you get?).
--
* Brooklyn: he said she would be born after my due date - although he was never certain on the exact date (although hoping for the 9th because it's an easy date for him to remember since his birthday is 12/9), she would be a girl and she would arrive in the middle of the night. Here's how it worked out: she was born 2 days past my due date on 11/9/06, she was (and still is) a girl, and she was born at 3:56 am (or 3:54 - there will always be some discussion on this given her arrival at home and we really weren't concerned with what time it was).
--
Brannon's predictions for Baby #3: Baby #3 will arrive on Tuesday, December 9th (I'm not sure how much reliance to put on this given that 12/9 is also HIS birthday and I think he is hoping to abolish his birthday by having the baby on this day...), Baby #3 will be a BOY and Baby #3 will arrive between 12 noon and 5 pm - although he says it will be closer to noon.
--
Ultrasound: Well- we told the technician we did not want to know, so she did not even venture into that area!
----
My Intuition: I don't really have a feeling either way - I was wrong with both Bella and Brooklyn.
--
My physical appearance: Most people say it is all baby and that they think I am carrying low and that my belly is shaped like a watermelon more than a basketball.
--
For your comparison - I've attached some pics of me pregnant with Bella, Brooklyn and Baby #3!
--
Pregnant with Bella - June 2005
--

Pregnant with Brooklyn - late September, early October 2006

--

Pregnant with Baby #3 - late September 2008
--
Baby's Heart Rate: The baby's heartbeat has consistently been in the 140's - generally, above 140 is more indicative of a girl and below 140 is indicative of a boy...But this past week at my check-up, the doctor said "this little one isn't giving us any indication, huh?"
------
Website Gender Prediction: A "fun" website asking me questions like whether I like orange juice these days or which direction my head is when I sleep, says I have 45% chance of a boy, and a 54% chance of a girl. (Does this mean there is a 1% chance I'm having an alien baby?!?!?){Thanks to my friend, Lesley, for the website for this}
--
Ancient Chinese Gender Predictions: I checked 4 websites - 3 said it's a girl, 1 said it's a boy. I checked these same websites to see how they stacked up for Bella and Brooklyn: Bella - 3 said girl, 1 said boy -- so that makes it 75% correct; Brooklyn - 4 said boy - so that makes it 0% correct. So..not sure how much we can really rely on this prediction method!
--
For other updates on Pregnancy #3, click here.
--

No comments:

Post a Comment