Monday, October 20, 2008

Sleep Training - Nights 6, 7 & 8

--
Because I know you are all on pins and needles to see how this "experiment" is going!!!
--
The girls and I left Friday around noon to head to Anniston for the weekend - I knew this would cause a major "kink" in the sleep training! But that's ok - you're always going to have things come up that you just adjust for. For nights 6 & 7, the girls slept with me at my mom's! Bella actually fell asleep on the floor Saturday night while I was packing up our stuff - so I just moved her to the bed - does that count as "putting herself to sleep"?!?!?
--
Sunday night was back to the routine of sleep training! Brooklyn went in her crib like an angel! She played for a few minutes but was asleep shortly. Bella went into her room (although she had the most pitiful face) saying "I want you to lay down with me". I told her I wasn't laying down with her tonight - that she was a big girl and could do it! We hugged her and kissed her goodnight and left the room. A few minutes later, still crying, she came out to Brannon saying she wanted water (in her defense - we do typically fix them both a sippy cup of water for bed) -so he got her some water and she came into my room for "mommy hug" as she called it. Then I went and covered her back up and she stayed in her room - WITH THE DOOR OPEN - and pretty much cried herself to sleep within about 5 minutes. She got up twice - once at 12:45 am and I took her back into her room, laid down with her and ended up sleeping there until after 2 because I fell asleep. Then she was back at my bedside at around 4:45 and I just put her in our bed (did I mention I was exhausted and fighting a cold/allergies - so I just gave in - bad mommy)!
--
So all in all - I'd say that's not bad! We are getting her to the point to where she is at least staying in her room without having to close the door on her. So that's a definite improvement! Remember - Rome wasn't built in a day!
--

No comments:

Post a Comment