Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sleep Training - Night 9

--
So - we are a week and 2 nights into this experiment! If you haven't figured it out yet - Brooklyn gets put in her crib first. We even had to turn her little heater on because poor girl when she woke up Monday morning she was shivering saying she was cold (bad parents! Of course, she had stripped herself of her nightgown {that she insisted on wearing - we had her in pants pajamas} and was only in her diaper). Bella didn't want to go to bed (surprise, surprise) because Brannon has put "The Bee Movie" on and she kept saying "it not over yet"! Brannon turned it off assuring her we could watch it another time (the child knows what the DVR is - saying you have it recorded for me later)...So off she went to her room, climbed into her bed, under her covers and that was that! She didn't even fuss and she stayed in her room with the door OPEN!!!!
--
She was up around 12:45 and I laid down with her for a few minutes and she was fast asleep again, then she was up one other time and I did the same thing and then she was up again at a little after 5, and I just let her snuggle up with us!
--
Again- I am feeling very good about this whole thing - I know she isn't sleeping through the night - but my first goal was to get her to go to her own bed and go to sleep on her own - which she is doing now! So, next step is to figure out how to get her to sleep all night - which I have no idea what to do! Our house is pretty small so everybody hears everything and I'm certain when the baby arrives, she will be up when he/she is up during the night when the baby is up.
--

No comments:

Post a Comment