Friday, October 17, 2008

Sleep Training - Night 5

--
So last night...Well - Brannon works late on Thursdays (as I've mentioned) so it is just the girls and I. Last night I just grabbed them a happy meal and we went home - I didn't eat because I didn't get to eat lunch until after 2, so I really wasn't hungry. They were quite happy with their dinner and watched Wizard of Oz while they ate at the "little table"! While they ate, I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. I cleaned up both their rooms, straightened their beds, vaccuumed, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned the kitchen, living room and our room. This is a lot to do after working all day (in my opinion)! In the midst of all this, I was putting clothes in the washer (at least the little bit that Brannon hadn't already done for me!!). By this time it was approaching 8 - bedtime! I put Brooklyn in her crib - such an easy method!!! She went right to sleep. Bella then started walking out towards the living room saying she didn't want to go to bed. I explained that it was bedtime and she had to. She wanted me to lay down with her - so I did for a minute and then explained that Mommy had to get up to do a few more things. She cried and didn't want to stay in her bed - so I hugged her and kissed her, told her I loved her and closed her door - at which point screaming ensued - but it only last a bit. I went about ironing Brannon's clothes for work and when I was done with that I went in and checked on her again - which only caused her to start crying again. I closed her door and decided - I'd just let her be. She was asleep within a half hour clutching her little lamb. I opened up her door and went about climbing (i.e. folding) mount laundry! I went into Brooklyn's room ever so quietly (or so I thought) to put their clothes away and she woke up. So she helped me put their clothes away and then I sat in my rocker with her for a few minutes and snuggled with her (something I don't seem to get to do that often) and then put her back in her crib with a few extra hugs and she was out!
--
Finally around 10:30 last night - I finished all the clothes, putting them away included. I was exhausted. I went to sleep. I was so asleep - I didn't even hear Brannon come in from work nor get changed or anything! I'm not sure what time it was but I felt Bella climbing on top of me. She apparently did hear Daddy come in and he put her in bed with us, where she slept the rest of the night...
--
So for Thursday night - Kid - 1; Parents - 0!! Oh well - they'll be nights like that!!!
--

No comments:

Post a Comment