Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Brooklyn's Sign Language

Most of you know that we teach the girls sign language. There is no real reason for this other than it is nice for them to be able to tell us what they want before they are able to verbalize their wants/needs! I can remember sitting on the floor in our apartment trying to teach Bella "more" while feeding her JELL-O - the JELL-O was the clincher in her learning "more"! Brooklyn is doing great with it - she can now sign "more", "eat", "drink" and "milk" (which means she wants to nurse)! Brooklyn also seems to be understanding things more and more everyday! On Monday, I asked her if she needed a new diaper and she looked at me and then walked into her room and stood in front of the changing table! Now - I thought this was just coincidental, so yesterday (Tuesday), I asked her again and again, she walked into her room and stood in front of the changing table!

No comments:

Post a Comment