Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tuesday's Project

I have been looking for clear glass (well, preferably plastic) ornaments that you can take the "top" off and stuff with foil shreds and then decorate the outside with foam stickers. I cannot find them anywhere! After much thinking of what I could use instead, I saw some "mini" water bottles at the grocery store! While it isn't the Christmas Tree Ornaments I wanted to make, it is a suitable replacement (although I'm still on the lookout for the ornaments)! On Tuesday, we made Christmas Bottles! We stuffed them with colored (red, silver or gold) shredded foil, decorated them with foam stickers, wrapped/glued a pipe cleaner around the lid, glued little pom poms on top of the lid, and then tied a bow around the "neck"! We made three - I made one while they napped to see if it would work, then Bella made one after her nap and then we made a "Christmas Tree" bottle using green beads for the inside of the bottle. Thank goodness I only have to impress a 2-year old! She thought they were "so cute" (her exact words)!

No comments:

Post a Comment