Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Twas the Night of Thanksgiving

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving
but I just couldn't sleep
I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep.

The leftovers beckoned-
The dark meat and white
but I fought the temptation
With all of my might.

Tossing and turning
with anticipation
the thought of a snack
became infatuation.

So, I raced to the kitchen
flung open the door
and gazed at the fridge,
full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey
and buttered potatoes,
pickles and carrots,
beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling
So plump and so round
"til all of a sudden
I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling,
floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding
and a handful of pie.

But, I managed to yell
As I soured past the trees...
happy eating to all-
pass the cranberries, please.

May your stuffing be tasty,
May your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes 'n gravy
have nary a lump.

May your yams be delicious
May your pies take the prize,
May your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off of you thighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment