Monday, November 26, 2007

The Santa Card

So we've been having some issues getting Bella to go to bed at night in her own bed! I'll admit there have been a few nights that I have just been so tired, that I have given in and let her fall asleep with me in our bed and Brannon will move her to her bed before he comes to bed. She's also been waking up in the middle of the night and crawling into our bed as well. I do not want this to become a habit!! Brooklyn is still easy - we just put her in her crib and she can't get out! Bella has a toddler bed though and she can easily get in and out of it. Last night after we had read a story and said our prayers, she still didn't want to go to bed. So...I told her that Santa Claus was watching her and that if she didn't go to sleep like a big girl, he might not leave her prizes. She then started saying "sleep Mommy's bed", so I told her that if she didn't sleep in her own bed then Santa Claus wouldn't know that she was here. Does this make me a bad mom for using the "Santa Card"?She still woke up at 12 midnight wanting in bed with us - but it was storming (lightning, thunder, heavy winds and rain), so she did sleep with us for a bit before I took her back to her room.

No comments:

Post a Comment