Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Life with a 2-year old

Bella becomes more opinionated every day! Which is great - we want her to have her own opinions about things and to be able to make her own decisions. The biggest challenge of this new found "decision-making" is getting dressed! Gone are the days where I can dress her in what I want her to wear! I would prefer for her to be dressed in matching clothes (with matching shoes) and cute bows in her hair! HA!!!!!! Joke's on me! One day she wore gray sweat pants with a pink stripe down the legs, a white onesie - sounds ok, right? I was going to put her little pink jacket on her but she wouldn't have it. She wanted to wear her red sweater! So she ended up wearing the pants, onesie, red sweater and a pair of pink shoes! She seemed quite pleased with her outfit, so who am I to tell her otherwise! Today I was trying to get them both dressed and out the door. I pulled out Bella's blue jeans and a white shirt and was going to put her pink shoes on her. She was fine with this outfit choice - only modification was she wanted to wear pink tights - didn't have any, so she settled for white! Then it was time to attempt to fix her hair! She didn't want to wear a "bow", she wanted to wear "hair clips". Not a problem - although it literally took 30 minutes for her to pick out the hair clips she wanted to wear! She finally settled on a pair of blue clips...Thank goodness, Brooklyn will still wear what I put her in. Fixing her hair is still a bit of a challenge sometimes - but that's ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment